Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bridezillas

Yes, getting married is an incredibly important step in life. It's an enormous decision. It's a reason to rejoice and have friends and family join in the celebration.

However, I'm not sure when getting married stopped being about the marriage and became more about the wedding. I'm not going to lie; I am planning my wedding to be how Philip and I want it to be. Still, I am not flipping out over every single detail.

It is just ONE DAY. Your wedding does not give you reason to be a b*tch for a year or so before the date. It does not give you just cause to flip out because you did not get your way on every little detail.

I just don't understand bridezillas. I've been surfing a lot of wedding websites trying to get ideas (I am on a budget after all). I have been surprised by how many crazy brides-to-be there are out there.

One bride flipped out on and disowned her maid of honor because she got pregnant. Seriously?? In what world is this acceptable? She felt that she was justified because, how could her maid of honor "ruin" her special day like that? She literally said, "She has her whole life to have children. Why did she have to ruin my wedding?" OMGWTF???

Why does it matter if your best friend is pregnant at your wedding? Shouldn't you be happy for your best friend for adding a child to her family? What difference does it make if your MOH is pregnant? She's still your best friend and she'll still stand by your side at your wedding... I just don't understand.

Another bride-to-be was upset because her future brother-in-law proposed to his girlfriend. They announced their wedding for 6 months after her wedding. Still, she was upset because she felt that they were "stealing her shine." Seriously??? Where the hell do these brides get this? They get one day for their wedding... not months or years. I mean, I can understand if they picked the same day or maybe even the weeks prior or after the wedding (I mean, that would cause a lot of stress for the family to have 2 weddings so close together), but six months? SIX MONTHS!!! That's half of a year! GAH!!! These bridezillas drive me crazy.

Your wedding should be wonderful and magical. But, it is just one day. The marriage is the really important thing here. Am I just crazy for feeling like these women are nuts?? I really worry for the state of their marriages... and the world that lets women think that they are justified in feeling this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...