Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Wish Jar...

So, one of the ideas that I fell in love with for the wedding reception is a Wish Jar.

Basically, you put out pieces of paper or cardstock and writing utensils and ask your guests to write a wish for the bride and groom or even a piece of advice. Then, they put the note in the "wish jar."

Many brides use these scraps of paper for scrapbooking or as additions to their wedding albums... which is what I plan to do. :)

I am using a vase as my wish "jar." It will be the same sort of vase I'm using for my centerpieces. It's a fantastic vase... mostly because it's only a dollar. hahaha... Dollar Tree is my friend! You can see the vase here. I'm going to put navy tulle ribbon around the top (our wedding colors are navy and ivory).

I spent several hours last night cutting out pieces of cardstock (I have plenty since I do scrapbooking). I used several different colors. And, once I had a LOT of pieces, I used craft scissors to give the pieces a cute cut-out border. They look really cute, but the fingers on my right hand are KILLING me. Holding scissors (especially to cut cardstock) for several hours at a time is just not a good idea.

But, I will have an adorable addition to my reception. :) I'll put up pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...