Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

How To: Sand Ceremony Frame

This is the project that I was most concerned about.  I thought it would be really tricky.  It turns out that I was wrong.  It was really simple.

We found a shadow box that we liked at Joann Fabrics & Crafts.  We searched high and low for a top loading frame, but we couldn't find one.  So, we finally settled on a back loading one.  

We found the center of the top of the box and marked it.  Then we drilled a small hole in the top of the shadow box to put the funnel in.   


Then we printed a 5"x7" photo.  Then we found the center of the glass and glued the photo to it.  We only glued the very edge of the photo (we didn't put glue anywhere other than the edges so that it wouldn't mess up the photo).  Then we put the glass back in the frame and then put the back on the shadow box.  Then we used a hot glue gun to seal the back shut. 



Then we waited for the glue to dry and this is what we ended up with:



It was a piece of cake!  Now I just have to figure out what sand I'm going to use.  I think I will probably use navy and ivory or navy and gold to go along with our wedding colors.  After the ceremony, we will use some wood putty or even just hot glue to seal the hole in the top of the box.  Then we will have a beautiful keepsake from our ceremony to display in our home.  :)

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...