Questions? Comments? Send me an email at

Sunday, April 24, 2011

DIY Baby's Breath Bouquet (Trial 1)

I bought 2 bunches of Baby's Breath from King Soopers three weekends ago.  I haven't had a chance to do anything with them until today.  I finally decided to try my hand at making my own bouquet today.

This is what I started with:
There were 3 stems in each "bunch."  So, I had 6 stems to work with.  First, I sorted them out and trimmed them up so that the flowers would be more even.  Then I wrapped them in floral wire and trimmed up the ends.  

Then I grabbed some ribbon I had lying around.  I wrapped the stems up in it and then put in some pearl tipped pins to hold the ribbon in place (and to snazz it up a bit!).  Then I tied a bow around the top.  And, this is what I was left with:

I know it's not perfect, but I'm really pleased with it.  I mean, I only spent about 5 minutes on it -- tops!  So, I now have complete faith that we can get these bouquets done very quickly before the wedding.  And, I know that the flowers will last!  These flowers are already 3 weeks old and look almost as good as the day that I bought them -- just a little crispier!


  1. I think it looks beautiful! Such a simple but so elegant choice, baby's breath. I'm a DIY bride as well, and you just gave me more faith in myself to make my own bouquet! Thank you, and congrats!

  2. Love, Love, Love, the original bouquet on The Bride's Cafe's website. It's great that you were able to dry the Baby's Breath and still make a bouquet. I know your bouquet was just a quick trial run but for your actual bouquet you might want to double the amount of Baby's Breath you're using so the bouquet looks rounder and fuller(similar to the original bouquet). Plus adding more Baby's Breath will inevitably make for a thicker stem wrapping (again similar to the original bouquet). Having a thin stem wrapping makes the bouquet look slightly broom/witch (good which of course) like.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...