Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

We have an officiant/celebrant!

Philip and I thought for a while about who we wanted to "marry us."  We didn't want someone we didn't know to perform our ceremony.  

It's the most important day of our lives.  I do not want a stranger joining us for life.  When I look back at our wedding photos, I don't want to see pictures of some person I don't even know at the front of our ceremony.  I don't want to think back on our ceremony and have to think, "What was the name of the guy/girl who married us?"  

We both wanted our ceremony to be special.  Having a stranger perform the ceremony made it a whole lot less so.

So, we knew we wanted someone we knew to join us.  Our first choice was a friend of ours from North Carolina: Jon.  I went to college with him and he was one of Philip's old roommates.  We consider him to be one of our very best friends.  

A few weeks ago, I asked him if he would do us the honor of being our celebrant.  I explained to him what would be involved and he took some time to consider it.  Last week, we spoke again and he agreed to lead our ceremony.
 
I cannot express how excited I am about this!  Jon knows both of us really well, and our ceremony will be that much more personal because of it. 

Jon & I at graduation in May 2008. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...