Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Speak Now

As I mentioned yesterday, our ceremony wording is complete.  Last night, I had my ipod on shuffle and Taylor Swift's Speak Now started playing.  If you don't know, it's about a girl who stands up at a friend's wedding at the "speak now or forever hold your peace" part because she knows that the girl isn't right for him.


That got me to thinking.  Does anyone actually include that part in their ceremony anymore?  I know I didn't!  It's just ridiculous.  If anyone knew some reason why the couple shouldn't be married, aren't there a lot better times to let them know other than during their wedding ceremony?  

And, if anyone were to actually speak up during my wedding ceremony, I think I'd probably lose it and deck someone.  I really don't want to ruin my beautiful dress with anyone's blood.  ;)  I kid, I kid.  

There is nothing that anyone could say to change my mind about Philip being my soulmate.    So, there is no reason for us to have that in our ceremony.  

Did you (or will you) have that included in your ceremony?  Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...