Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Ceremony

Philip and I are creating our own ceremony.  A friend of ours will be doing the officiating.  Since the beginning, I was super excited about this.  I knew it meant that the ceremony would be ours.  No cookie cutter ceremony for us!

And then I started to actually put together the ceremony.  It's a good bit of work!  In the beginning, I was overwhelmed.  I didn't know where to start or what should go where.  

A few weeks ago, I was  in Borders (the store was going closing so everything was 40-60% off!  Score!) and came across this book:

The Wedding Ceremony Planner: The Essential Guide to the Most Important Part of Your Wedding Day by Judith Johnson

This book is fantastic.  It gives a lot of examples to work from and it helps to give you an idea of the flow of the ceremony.  It has been so helpful.

So helpful that I finished the ceremony this past weekend!  Of course, I did get some inspiration from other sources.  Especially for the "extras" in our ceremony, like the sand ceremony and the handfasting (the book gives ideas for a water ceremony or a candle ceremony but no sand ceremony or handfasting ceremony).  

A few of the other sources I used were:





I wouldn't have been able to get it done, but Philip was sick.  So, while he was sleeping, I powered through.  I am really happy with what I've come up with!  I'm not going to share it now because I'd like it to be a surprise for the wedding day, but I'll definitely share after the wedding is over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...