Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bridezillas: The Guest List

(Source)
As you all know, I troll the usual wedding boards.  One of my favorites is the Wedding Buzz board on Facebook.  I say that it's one of my favorites, but I'm sure not a visit to the board passes without someone on there irritating me.  

Why?  Because, like any other wedding board, it's filled with Bridezillas.  Honestly, most of the ladies there are really nice.  But, even a few Bridezillas is too many.  

The latest irritation?  A bride wanted to ask her FH to get rid of his best man because she didn't really like him.  I think the groom should have all of the say when it comes to his groomsmen!  Just like the bride should have the say when it comes to her bridesmaids!  This woman wanted advice on how to tell her FH to drop the guy and then un-invite him from the wedding.  My advice is to her FH: drop that diva immediately.  

The wedding day should have all of the people that you both want there; not just who the bride wants there.  If the bride is going to be that controlling over who is at the wedding, don't you think she's going to be a controlling wife as well?  Not a good sign!

I am very fortunate.  I haven't had to deal with a whole lot of guest list issues.  In fact, there is only one person who I wish would not attend our wedding who has to be invited.  I'd rather eat dirt than have to deal with her on my wedding day, but she's one of Philip's best friends.  So, she's invited; no questions asked.  

Philip knows that I don't like her.  I've made no secret of it.  She knows that I don't like her.  I've made no secret of that either.  But, the wedding is not just about me.  Philip is still friends with her (for reasons I will never understand) and that's reason enough for her to be at our wedding.  

So, on our wedding day, I will put on my big-girl-panties and suck it up.  I will avoid her at all costs and not allow her to ruin the day.  It's important to Philip that she be there and I want Philip to be happy.  

I just won't be shedding any tears if she can't make it to our big day.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...