Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Centerpieces

When I first started my wedding planning, I signed up at http://www.theknot.com.  They have lots of ideas and information.  One of the first times I went to their website, I saw a link for "7 Unexpected Reception Centerpieces."  It piqued my interest, so I clicked.  

The first six ideas were cute, but not really for me.  Number seven was my jackpot, though.  :)  You can see it here.

It's not exactly what I have in mind.  I think that is really cute, but I want it to be in a taller vase and for it to (obviously) be in our colors.   

The vase I picked out is this one:


They are 9 1/2 inches tall.  I'm really excited about it because I found them at Dollar Tree.  So, they are GREAT for our budget!

Also great for my budget, I waited until after Christmas to buy the ball ornaments.  So, I found them for 50-75% off.  I've decided to decorate in navy, ivory, gold, and metallic browns.  I found ivory, gold, and metallic brown ball ornaments.  I couldn't find any navy colored ornaments (only bright blue ones).  So, I plan to use a navy ribbon to wrap the top of the vase.  I think that The Knot is right; the holiday ornaments outside of the holiday season are kind of a cute, unexpected centerpiece.  I'm excited for them.  :)

I'm still undecided as to what else is going in the vase.  I'm not sure what kind of flowers (or if I'm going to be using flowers at all!), so that's still up in the air.  Once I have decided what will be the filler, I'll put up pictures of the complete centerpiece.   Until then, I've got more research to do!  

I'd like to mention that along with the ornament filled vases, I will also have lots of votive candles on the tables.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to use to hold the votives.  I've found these:





 

I like all of these.  I think they'll look great with votives in them.  I think I'm going to have all of the votives be an ivory/cream color.  I think they will give the room a romantic glow.  :)  Hopefully it will all work out.  When I make final decisions, I'll do a mock-up and take some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of using ornaments! I'm not a huge fan of theknot, but sometimes they really hit the jackpot! And your colour scheme sounds beautiful! I'm going for a romantic glow with votives too. I considered using frosted holders instead of clear glass ones for a more "glowing" effect, but those tend to be more expensive. But I'll let you know if I find any good deals :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...