Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back to Bouquets

I'm still thinking about what to do about flowers. I've spent some time searching to see what other people have done. There are some really creative people out there. There are lots of alternatives to flowers.

There is the clutch/purse:



I really like this idea.  It's cute and convenient.  The bridesmaids can still have everything they need with them while still looking cute.  Plus, the girls could still use the purses after the wedding.  

Then, there is the feather bouquet:



Aren't they cute?  I like these because they're less expensive than flowers, but done right, they still look really nice and elegant. 

Next up, the button bouquet:


I think these look cute, but they're definitely not for me.  They're just a little too modern and... I don't know how to describe it... cold maybe?  They're just not right for me.  

Now, the beaded bouquets:



Depending on the way the bouquet is made, I do like these.  They're original and adorable.  They're definitely eye-catching.  However, these can be quite expensive.  I saw some of these on Etsy for upwards of $1,200.00.  WAY out of my budget.  I don't think I'd end up with a bouquet like this anyway.

Also, there are the parasols:


I think these are more common for beach weddings (to shield them from the sun), but they are certainly cute.  They aren't the right fit for our wedding, but I do like them.

Next are the fans:


So, so, so cute.  I really like the idea of these instead of bouquets.  They are really adorable.  I like that there are lots of different things that can be done to spice up the fans.  They are a serious consideration of mine, especially since we're having an outdoor wedding (you never know with the Pennsylvania weather how warm it will actually be). 

And, last up:

These are definitely different.  They use ball ornaments and tulle.  These are actually lit up (the "how to" can be found here), but if I did these, I wouldn't have them lit up.  I do like the idea of this bouquet because my centerpieces actually use ball ornaments (a topic for a different post!), so the bouquets would coordinate.  

So, if my bouquet/flower decision making wasn't difficult enough, I have TONS of other options to think about.  Not that I mind... it's really fun to think about all of the options!  :)  What are your favorites?

1 comment:

  1. I liked this very much. There were a couple ideas I hadn't seen before. :) thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...