Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DIY Project List

I've managed to finish a few projects but I've still got a list of DIY stuff I'd like to accomplish before the wedding.  First of all (obviously) are the Save-the-Dates.  I'm going to be having our Save-the-Dates printed and then I'm going to be attaching them to adhesive magnets.  I'm thinking that this will be the simplest (but probably very time consuming) project on my list.

Next up is the photo frame card box.  I originally got the idea from the Road to the Aisle blog.  I've since seen a TON of other brides who have also done this project... so, I have complete faith in my ability to make this happen!  

Next is the sand ceremony shadow box.  I originally got the idea from the Genevieve's Wedding blog.  I have looked all over and found a few different tutorials on how to make it.  I'm a little nervous about this project.  I think it will be the most complicated.  I'm most worried about getting the seal right after the sand ceremony is over.  I think if I can find the right shadow box, it will be okay.  **Fingers Crossed**

The most time consuming project on my list?  The pocketfold invitations.  These are going to be magnificent, I'm sure.  I can't wait to see them when I'm completely finished.  I'm trying to find the right background paper in gold or metallic brown.  So far, not much luck.  Once I do find it, I will be able to really get going on them.  I may get started on the pocketfolds before I find the gold paper because I know the pockets are going to take a while.  I can do the cutting and folding and gluing of the pockets themselves ahead of time.  The rest of the process should be pretty simple.  It's just going to take a LONG time. 

I'm also trying to put together a more personal guest book than the typical guest book.  I'm still not really sure what I'm going to be doing with it.  I've been doing some experimenting with designs.  I'll be sure to post when I finalize everything and get started on making it!

That's all I can think of right now.  I'm sure I've got a dozen other ideas for projects rolling around in my head somewhere, but for now, these are what is high on my priority list.  Hopefully I'll be able to post some updates soon of how I finished some of these projects in record time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...