Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pocketfold update!

While I was in Indiana, I picked up some goldish-brown paper for the pocketfold invitations.  I tested it out to see how I liked it when I got home.  I really like it.  Just that little border really sets off the invitation.  

So, last night, I started back on the pocketfolds.  If you remember, I bought 20"x26" inch sheets of navy blue cardstock.  Last night, I cut out the 5"x20" sheets that I will need for the pocketfolds.  I did 90 of them.  It took quite a while, but it was really easy with my enormous, handy-dandy paper cutter.  

[This is what a stack of 90 future invitations looks like.]

Then I got started on the tracing.  In the background of that photo, you can see my orange cutouts.  I line them up on the edges of the paper and trace (using a dark blue pen so that the lines won't be very visible when I finish) the outline.  

Last night I did the tracing for all 90 invitations.  Tonight, I'll be getting started with the cutting.  You can see that I already did the cutting for one of the invitations just to make sure it still looked right.  If the cutting doesn't take the whole night, I will get started on the folding as well.  The folding is what is going to take a long time.  I'll have to measure each of the invitations to figure out where to fold... very time consuming.  Luckily, I still have a ton of time left to get these done!  

However, Jippy is already exhausted thinking about it:


He's such a cutie.  :)   [P.S. You can see the gold paper I found for the invites right beside/under Jippy's nose!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...