Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lucky

I am so incredibly lucky. Why? In planning my wedding, I have spent a lot of time surfing wedding websites and message boards. I have seen a LOT of complaints about many different things: future in-laws, family, bridal party, budgets, etc.

I don't have any problems with my future in-laws. I don't get to see them very often because we live several hundred miles away from both sides of our families. However, when I see them or talk to them, they are very supportive. They want us to have the wedding the way we want it. They are happy to have me as a future in-law. They have been nothing but welcoming to me. They are becoming my family as much as my FH's family. :)

My family has been supportive as well. My parents are trying to help with the wedding financially. My sister is my MOH. My mom (and probably my sister) plan to help with many of the DIY projects that I'm doing. We are having our wedding in Pennsylvania (where FH's family is from) and my family (in Indiana) have not complained about the distance at all. They are just thrilled about the wedding (and marriage!). They love their FSIL. :)

Our bridal party is small. We will each have two people: a maid of honor, a bridesmaid, a best man, and a groomsman. There hasn't been much for them to do thus far. Basically, they have to buy their attire and show up. My MOH will be planning my bachelorette party and it will take place the night before the wedding (everyone is coming from all over! My family and MOH are in Indiana, I'm in Colorado, my bridesmaid is in DC, and many of my friends are in Virginia and North Carolina). The same goes for FH: his family is in Pennsylvania, his BM is in Tennessee, his groomsman is coming from North Carolina, and he has friends coming from Virginia and NC. So, we aren't really expecting a lot from our bridal party. Most of the details will be on the wedding day (helping decorate, getting ready, etc.). So, no real problems there!

My FH and I have been very fortunate. We moved to Colorado from North Carolina at the end of June. I found a job within 2 weeks and he had a job transfer (so he immediately had a job). So, financially, we are doing really well. This means that, although we have kept our budget small, we are able to do the things we want to do for our wedding... especially our dream honeymoon to Italy!

So, as you can see, we have been very lucky. I am so thankful that we have managed to be so fortunate. I hope that I will not be on the wedding message boards with complaints any time soon! And, to all of those brides who DO have those problems, I am so incredibly sorry. I hope that you and FH can work through them. Just remember, after all of this wedding stress is over, you will be able to spend the rest of your life with your wonderful husband. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...