Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Chaos

Lately I've been working on a dozen different DIY projects at a time. I start working on one and then I think of another idea or come across an idea that I absolutely adore online... so then I start working on that idea. I really do love working on all of the projects.

However, I've discovered today that I haven't managed to finish very much. I'm in the middle of each of these projects. Some of them, it's not entirely my fault. For instance, with the pocketfold invitations, I haven't been able to find the metallic gold paper/cardstock that I need for the background (in between the dark blue cardstock pocketfold and the ivory paper invitation). It's just too plain the way it is. I want the gold to go between to give it a little oomph. :)

Here is what they look like so far:

[My pocket-fold mock-up]

This one is just my mock-up of what I want the pocketfolds to look like. I like them so far. Again, I just want that extra "oomph" for the actual pocketfolds. If I can't find the metallic gold that I want, I will probably just end up choosing another color... I'm pretty sure I want it to be metallic though. The rest of the paper I have used is matte, so I think I nice shiny paper will give it that extra kick.

I'm also working on some reserved signs for the special people in the wedding. By that, I mean the MOB, FOB, FMIL, FFIL, the grandparents, etc. The people who will be sitting in the first rows. I really like my mock-up of those, but I am having some glue difficulties. I will hopefully be able to get them together tonight (or maybe tomorrow)... it just depends if I find a glue that wants to cooperate.

I also have a basket full of bubbles that are complete and a basket full of bubbles that are incomplete. The ones that are not finished are just waiting on labels. Philip liked the white labels better than the clear labels and I only had one sheet of white labels left... and I keep forgetting to pick up white labels for the bubbles. So, here they are:

[The basket of completed bubbles]

[A completed bottle of bubbles]

[The basket of incomplete bubbles]

I also have my aisle runner in limbo. I have almost completed the tracing (pencil outline). I am really dreading the painting... I think that's why I have been more focused on the other DIY projects for the time being. It's really going to be a pain. There are lots of very thin lines in the logo... it's going to be a headache and a half.

And, I'm trying to get our Halloween costumes together... Halloween is on Sunday! I really love Halloween. I've been counting down the days. However, now that it's only a few days away, I realize how much I still have to do before the big day! Ahhh! But, it will be finished soon. :)

I am hoping that since I have blogged about some of these unfinished projects, it will light a fire under my bum and get me into gear! So, hopefully in the next week or so, I will have some new blog posts about my completed DIY projects. :) Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...