Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Say Yes To The Dress

I've been watching Say Yes to the Dress lately. I had never watched it before but my mom mentioned it to me and I saw that it was available to watch instantly on Netflix. So, I sat down and watched a few episodes.

It's an interesting show, I'll give them that. However, being a budget bride, I find myself blown away by how much these brides spend on their dresses! Don't get me wrong, I plan to find my dream dress. However, I don't plan on spending more than $500 on the dress. So, when I see brides not even thinking about blowing $15,000 on a dress, I get a little nauseous. That's more than my entire wedding budget. Including the honeymoon! And we're going to Italy!

It just blows my mind! Where are these brides coming up with this money?? Especially when I see that some of them are teachers or SAHMs... I work full time and so does Philip. We don't have that kind of money to blow on our wedding. I know that many brides take out loans to cover wedding costs... we don't see that as an option. We'd like to buy a house and start a family in the next few years. $15,000 wedding dresses don't fit into that plan very well.

Am I the only person who thinks that spending that much money on a dress is crazy??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...