Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Save the Dates

I've been focusing a lot on the paper part of the wedding recently. I have been trying to figure out how I want the invitations and save-the-dates to look.

Well, I think I've finally figured the save-the-dates out:


The ivory part is actually going to be a magnet. The rest will be a card (folded in half). The front of the card will have our logo/monogram on it:


I am pretty excited about it. I am going to do the magnets myself. I am having the photos printed at http://www.photoworks.com/. They offer 3.5x5 prints (one of the few places I can find that size!) for $0.15 per print. I thought it was pretty reasonable. I am buying sheets of adhesive magnets to attach the prints to. I am still searching for the magnet sheets, but so far, I found these. The problem is that I can only fit about 5 STDs on each magnet sheet, and they sell them by the dozen. I'd like to make about 75-80. I don't really want to have to buy 2 dozen sheets when I only need 15-16 sheets. So, my search continues... If it comes to that though, at least they are fairly reasonably priced. :)

Once I have the magnets finished, I am going to attach them to the cards. I'm printing 2 cards per sheet of cardstock, so it will save a bit of paper. I haven't decided what color cardstock I want to use yet though. I had originally thought ivory, but I changed the magnets so that they are ivory (they were Philip's favorite -- I also made navy blue and black backgrounds). So, I had thought about doing navy blue cards, but I don't want the writing to be difficult to see on the card. So, I think I'm just going to go to the craft store and see what they've got on sale that will go with my STDs.

I will update as soon as I get a mock-up done! :)


**P.S. I went with a photo from our first date for the STD magnets. I thought it was a cute touch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...