Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Music...

So, I've been thinking a lot about music lately. I have made a few decisions, but not a lot yet. Here is what I have so far:
CEREMONY
Prelude: General Classical Music (no real preference yet)
Grandparents' & Parents' Processional: Handel's Air
Bridesmaids Processional: Pachelbel's Canon in D
Bride's Processional: Wagner's Bridal Chorus
Sand Ceremony: Come What May from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack (film version)
Recessional: the Star Wars Theme

RECEPTION
Bridal Party Entrance: The Throne Room (from Star Wars Episode VI)
Bride & Groom's Entrance: The Imperial March (think Darth Vader)
Dinner Music: Norah Jones (not 100%, but it's the sound I'm looking for)
First Dance: Only You Can Love Me This Way by Keith Urban
Father/Daughter Dance: ... The one I'm having a ton of difficulty with.
Mother/Son Dance: Forever Young by Rod Stewart
Bridal Party Dance: Stayin' Alive by The Bee Gees & Coolio (Remix)
Cake Cutting: Sweet Thing by Keith Urban
Married Couples Dance: Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler or God Only Knows by the Beach Boys
Dollar Dance: You've Got a Friend by James Taylor, Lean on Me by Bill Withers, With a Little Help From My Friends by the Beatles (depends on how many people want to dance!)
Garter Toss: Rock 'N Roll Part 2 by Gary Glitter (the "Hey" song)
Bouquet Toss: Rocky Theme Song
Last Dance: Here's to the Nights by Eve 6

Nothing is set in stone yet, but that is what I'm thinking so far. What do you think? I know, I know... a few are pretty nerdy, but what can I say? I'm marrying a Star Wars nerd and I know he'll get a kick out of it! ... it's a surprise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...