Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Photo list

I've been thinking recently about the photography. I already have a photographer (the first thing that I put a deposit on!). We went with Double H Photography in Lancaster, Pennsylvania (Howie Hartman). I'm still pleased with that decision. The photos that I have seen are wonderful. I'm sure that he will do a fantastic job at our wedding.

My thoughts have mostly been around which photos are my "must haves." I'm not sure if you've ever searched for lists of "must have" wedding photos, but there are a TON. So, I've been sifting through the lists that I've found to try to figure out which photos I really want. The rest I'll leave up to Howie. I'm sure he'll do a fine job without me having to tell him exactly what I want.

There are the obvious shots: with my family, with Philip's family, with the bridal party, etc. I'm sure Howie knows to get those shots. The ones I'm working on compiling are ones that he may not think of or may forget about.

I plan to spend a lot of time decorating the venues, so I really want to make sure that he gets pictures of all of the details. I mean, if I spend a year planning this thing, I want to have pictures of all of my hard work.

One of the bigger, more important ones I want is the "first look." I mean the moment that Philip and I first see each other as I start to walk down the aisle. I can't wait to see the look on his face and I want photos to have that moment forever.

I spent a lot of time choosing the perfect venue for us. Chickies Rock is absolutely beautiful. I want photos of the overlook and the gazebo and our guests mulling around in the area.

I want photos of us mingling with guests. I want TONS of pictures of everyone dancing. I want pictures of us being absolutely, disgustingly lovey-dovey.

I've also tossed around the idea of having a fauxto-booth. I am a budget bride and don't want to pay for an actual photo booth (they're outrageously priced!). However, I thought about putting out props and getting some posed photos (similar to a photo booth). I'm not sure about that idea yet. We shall see.

I'm hoping to put together my own list of photos to give to Howie. I've still got plenty of time for that though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...