Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Friday, August 5, 2011

A Royale with Cheese...

I'm sure you're probably wondering right now what Pulp Fiction has to do with wedding planning.  Honestly, the title of this post could have just as easily been "Wiggle your big toe..." (Kill Bill Vol. 1) or "When life gives you lemons, just say 'F*ck the lemons' and bail!" (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) or "Remember Sammy Jankis" (Memento).

The point of this post is mostly just a pointer for brides who will be making their own invitations.  While working on the seemingly endless project, distract yourself (after all, the process is time consuming but not usually very interesting!) with ridiculous movies.  

The first movie I started to watch was Father of the Bride.  I had never seen it before.  I thought it was fitting since I was working on wedding invitations.  Bad decision.  The movie was simply "okay."  It didn't do much to distract me from the mind numbing tasks I was working on.  

So, I threw in Kill Bill Vol. 1.  FANTASTIC!  It's an absolutely crazy movie (I really like it) and it keeps your mind off the really boring invitations.  Then I watched Kill Bill Vol.2, Pulp Fiction (might as well keep with the Quentin Tarentino theme!), The Fast & The Furious, Memento, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Sin City, and a bunch of Family Guy episodes.

Basically, just watch something crazy or visually stimulating.  I could also recommend Fight Club, Wanted, L.A. Confidential, Labyrinth, Inception, The Fifth Element, or American Psycho.  You get the idea.  Just make sure that your brain doesn't turn to mush from focusing entirely on the invitations!  

(Source)
Also, can someone please tell me why when I do a Google Image search of "brain turn to mush," a great majority of the pictures are of Julia Roberts?  lol  I must be missing something there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...