Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Favors: Part 2!

I mentioned before that I wanted to do something extra on top of the vanilla extract. Well, Sunday night, I had very little to work with and I still wanted to make it happen.  So, this is what I came up with.  




So, blogger is being a pain in my butt tonight and shifting some of my pictures.  I don't feel like spending the time to try to get it to fix them, so just turn your head to the side.  ;)  

I made homemade vanilla sugar.  I bought burlap bags from Uline at the same time that I bought the giant roll of burlap.  I also bought small plastic bags.  I wasn't sure what I was going to use them for, but I knew I wanted them!

I put a bunch of sugar and some vanilla beans in my food processor and blended it until it was all mixed up and the vanilla was just flecks in the sugar.  Then I filled the plastic bags with it.  Then I put that bag inside the burlap bag and cinched up the strings.  

For the labels, I printed out "Homemade Vanilla Sugar" a bunch of times in 1.25" x 1.25" squares.  Then, I used my square hole punch to cut each square out.  Next, I punched a hole in the corner of the square using just a regular old hole punch I had laying around.  
 
Then I cut out small strips of navy blue ribbon and tied it around the string on the burlap bag and ran it through the hole in the cardstock.  I just did a single knot.  It held tightly.
 
Again, easy peasy.  :)  I think they're adorable and I love them.  The vanilla extract is going to be on a table right as the guests enter the tent.  Then, the vanilla sugar will be at each place setting.  I'm thinking about printing up recipes that use vanilla extract and vanilla sugar to set out at the wedding.  I guess we'll see if I have time before this wedding sneaks up on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...