|(Breezyview Gazebo at Chickies Rock Park in Columbia, PA - our ceremony site)|
I'm sure that most of you are aware of the flooding in Pennsylvania and New York. It affected the area that Philip and I are having our wedding in.
When we first started wedding planning, we intended to have the wedding on 09/10/11. That didn't work with his work schedule, so we changed our date to 09/24/11. Thank goodness! Otherwise, our wedding would have been very soggy!
Also, when we first started wedding planning, we planned to have the wedding reception at a pavilion in the park where our ceremony is being held. Well, I got a call on Friday from Lancaster Parks. The pavilion is flood damaged, it has no electricity, and the road leading to it is completely washed out. It will be impossible to have it fixed in time for the wedding. Thank goodness we decided to have the reception in a tent at Philip's aunt and uncle's house! Otherwise, we would have been in a panic trying to find a very last minute venue! Not cool!
I had just kept the pavilion as a back-up plan. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that we don't need any back-up venue space! Fortunately, our gazebo (ceremony site) is high on a cliff and wasn't seriously affected by the flooding/rains. And, our reception site is a bit soggy but will hopefully be all dried out by the time our wedding rolls around in ELEVEN DAYS! XD
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather for the wedding. We're not on the 10 day forecast yet:
But Accuweather has a 15 day forecast:
Do you see that there? September 24th says "abundant sunshine." Doesn't that sound like a great day for a wedding?? I'm not going to panic even if the weather forecast changes. At this point, I don't care what the weather is doing. We're going to have a fantastic party, rain or shine. We've come this far; I'm not going to let anything ruin our day. :)