Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A bit more Florence and then on to Venice!

We got up early the next morning to go to the Academy so that we could see David.  We were both exhausted but we did it.  

Unfortunately, no photos were allowed in the Academy either.  Stupid places not allowing photos.  It hurts me!  So, here's a photo that someone else was allowed to take:

(Source)
The photo doesn't do it justice.  It's absolutely amazing.  The statue stands 17 feet tall.  It's enormous.  And the details are just insane.  I cannot imagine how much time and effort it took to get this statue so absolutely perfect.  If you're in Florence, definitely don't skip out on seeing the David.

After seeing the David, we wandered around and saw the rest of the Academy.  Then we headed out to the leather market so that I could get my mom and my sister their Italian leather purses.  :)  



Of course, we rubbed the pig's nose -- it's supposed to bring you back to Florence again.    Then we headed back to our hotel to check out.  We dragged our luggage back to the train station -- not nearly as bad this time, but still not ideal.  Then we boarded another Freccia train to Venice.  Honestly, I read for a while and napped for a while.  Thankfully, my stomach had at least settled down, but I was just drained.  

When we arrived in Venice, we got a water taxi to the Rialto Bridge (our hotel was just a block away.  The water taxi was absolutely beautiful, but it was pricey.  



We checked into our hotel and thankfully our room was ready for us.  We dropped off our bags and cleaned up a bit and then headed out to see Venice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...