Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Hotel Merlini Review

We stayed at Hotel Merlini for one night.  It is only a one star hotel, but it had excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, so we booked it anyway.  

(Source)
Upon arriving, I was seriously disappointed.  We had to go up to the fourth floor with all of our luggage but there was no elevator.  So, this hotel is not for the disabled.  

When we were able to check in, I was a bit annoyed.  We were on our honeymoon but the room that we were given had just 3 twin beds.  I felt like I was in a college dorm again.  However, the room was very clean and spacious.  The bathroom looked like it had recently been renovated.  It was beautiful and was large by Italian standards.  The staff was incredibly helpful and very friendly.  And, the hotel actually had very good wifi.  

(Source)
Overall, I was okay with the hotel.  That is, until that night.  There is no air conditioning in the hotel.  That seemed okay because it was a relatively cool night.  We opened the window and it let in a nice breeze.  However, it let in all of the noise from the street below as well.  During the day, the street was so quiet.  Apparently it really comes alive at night.  I don't think I slept more than 2 hours that night.  And I'm not a light sleeper at all!  It was absolutely awful.  

Pros: Clean, Large Room, Nice Bathroom, Friendly Staff, Good WiFi

Cons: No Elevator, No Air Conditioning, NOISE, No Breakfast

Honestly, I don't really know what to give this hotel.  It's very clean and nice, but we were mostly using the hotel for sleeping and "honeymooning" and it wasn't really very good for either of those things.  

If it hadn't been for the noise, I probably would have given this hotel a 3.75 out of 5.  With the noise, it goes down to a 1 or 2.  So, if you're staying in the summer, don't stay here.  If you're staying in the winter, it's worth a shot.  However, if you're staying with a partner that you'd like to actually sleep in the same bed with, make sure you say so explicitly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...