Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our last day in Italy...

[I took a bunch of photos.  Only my favorites are shown here.  To see more, go HERE.] 


When we left Vatican City, we decided to head towards the Trevi fountain.  Unfortunately, we took the scenic route and made a wrong turn somewhere along the way.  We ended up way South of where we were supposed to.  


That was okay with us though.  We got to see a lot of things that we otherwise wouldn't have.  Rome is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, I'm sure of it.  There is just so much to see.  I mean, just look at some of these absolutely beautiful buildings and bridges:




 

I just love it.  :)  Anyway, we wandered and wandered and wandered.  We finished up our shopping (some olive oil, some souvenirs, some pasta, etc.) and then decided that we needed to go back down to the forum and the Colosseum to say goodbye.  Mind you, this was quite a ways and it was getting late.  But, it was our last night in Italy, so we did it. 



As beautiful as Rome is during the day, I think it's even more breathtaking at night.  



Especially the Colosseum.  It just doesn't get any better.  :)



Finally, we headed back towards our hotel.  I snapped a few shots of the bridge as we crossed back over the river.  It's just a simple bridge, but even it is beautiful. 


When we got back to our hotel, I packed everything back up carefully in our luggage.  I had to wrap bottles in clothing to make sure they wouldn't break.  And then I hoped really hard that they'd all make it safely back to the U.S.! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...