Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Big Day Arrives!

I woke up bright and early the next day.  I had a ton of stuff left to get done.  I finished up with the paper lanterns, organized the favor table, and made a plan.  Then I went back inside to wake Philip up.  I needed someone to help me move tables!

We got the tables set up and finished up some other stuff.  Then, my mom and dad arrived to help.  We got the tablecloths put on the tables.  Then the burlap table runners that I made went on top.  Then we put out the centerpieces.  After that, we set the tables with the plates and forks.  After some creative planning, we figured out how to fold the napkins so that we could put in the I Spy photo scavenger hunt pages I made.  Then we put the vanilla sugar favors at each place setting and the tables were complete!  It took quite a while to get set up, but at least my dad went to get us all donuts.  :)

The homemade vanilla favors and the card box on the gift table. 
Our beautiful set-up.  :)
The table settings. 
Putting on the finishing touches.
The cake table just waiting for the cake!
Once the tent was all set up, I started working on the bouquets.  I bought a bunch of baby's breath from Sam's Club (it was delivered on Thursday).  Some of it was in the mason jars on the tables, some was for the pew cones, some was for the flower girl basket, and some was for the bouquets and boutonnieres.  Unfortunately, by the time I started putting the bouquets together, I didn't have much time left before it was time to start getting ready.  So, the I didn't get around to making the boutonnieres.  The boys were devastated of course (Me: I didn't have time to make the boutonnieres; Philip: What's a boutonniere?  LOL).  

One of the bouquets with our DIY photo box and some paper lanterns.
After everything was done, I was running a little behind.  Howie from Double H Photography had just arrived.  I left him with our rings to get some detail shots and went in to get a quick shower before he started taking our "getting ready" shots.  

Next up, the ladies get glamorous!

Photos courtesy of my mom and Philip's mom.

Miss something?  Catch up here:
We arrive in Pennsylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...