Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Rehearsal Dinner / "Surprise" Shower

When we arrived at Nanny & Pappy's house for the rehearsal dinner, it was revealed that it was a surprise bridal shower for me from Philip's side of the family.  I've got a secret though.  It wasn't actually a surprise.  Shhh!  In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Philip accidentally left his Facebook up on our laptop.  It was open to a message from his mom.  

I only saw about one sentence somewhere in the middle of the message, before I realized that this was not meant for my eyes.  I didn't know when, but I knew that Philip's mom was planning a "surprise" shower for me.  It really sucked to find out because I love surprises!  

Even though I found out, I never told anyone that I knew.  In fact, this is the first I've mentioned that it wasn't actually a surprise.  I knew Philip would be bummed that he ruined the surprise and that Kim would be bummed that I found out ahead of time.  Oops!


Anyway, despite it not being very surprising, I enjoyed the shower/rehearsal dinner.  I got to see a bunch of friends and family that I hadn't seen in so long!  

College friends of mine, Kamille and Em.
Em and Kamille again.
College friends of mine, Aileen (bridesmaid), Joe (actually my ex boyfriend and the reason that Philip and I met), and Jon (our celebrant). 
Brooke (flower girl), my dad Terry, Brooke's grandmother, Philip's aunt, Dave (Philip's uncle), and my uncle Ernie.
Roger (groomsman) and Erin and their twin boys.
Dave, Melisa, Helen, Jim & Marie, Kay - friends and family of Philip.
We played some games - guessing which romance movie quotes came from and some movie trivia.  I told Kim that Philip and I don't watch a lot of romance movies so it wasn't very fair!!  ;)

Then Philip and I had our own version of iron chef making pizzas.  All of the guests had to bring an ingredient and we had to use ALL of the ingredients in our pizza.  

Making our pizzas.

Philip presenting his pizza to the judges.

Me presenting my pizza to the judges. 
In the end, Philip's pizza tasted better (according to the judges who I think were biased!), but I had better presentation skills (meaning, I look better in a dress - HA!).  Overall, I had more points and won the competition.  :)  Score!

There's a bit more to be seen of our fake rehearsal dinner / shower but this post has dragged on long enough so the gift opening and cake cutting can wait until next time!

Photos courtesy of Philip's mom Kim, my mom, my aunt Ann, and myself.

Miss something?  Catch up here:
We arrive in Pennsylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...