Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

How To: DIY Wedding Flutes

Philip had to work on Friday night, so I went shopping for supplies.  I stopped by Dollar Tree and picked up two champagne flutes.  I looked for some rhinestone stickers but they didn't have any.  So, I went to Michael's (I had to go there for some other supplies anyway), but they didn't have any either.  Target was right next door, so I stopped in to pick up some other supplies for another project.  They didn't have any individual rhinestone stickers, so I ended up buying a heart-shaped rhinestone sticker.  

The problem with the stickers is that the rhinestones were all attached to each other by a string of adhesive.  I had to cut the string and leave only the individual rhinestones.  



Once I got the rhinestones cut out, I printed the letter B on some cardstock and cut it out (I used one of our fonts -- Edwardian Script). 


I put the piece of paper into the flute to use as a guide for where to put the rhinestones. 


Then I started sticking the rhinestones to the flute.  And, this is what I ended up with:


 Then I took the navy and ivory ribbon that I had leftover after doing the bubbles, and tied it around the stem of the flutes.  


 And, here is the finished product:

 

I'm pretty pleased with them.  The best part?  The price breakdown:

The champagne flutes:  $2.00 ($1.00 a piece)
The rhinestone stickers:  $0.99
The ribbons: FREE (they were leftovers)

So, these flutes ended up being about $1.50 a piece!  That is absolutely fantastic compared to other flutes I found that are similar.  

Like this one:


I found it here for $19.95.  That is almost $17 of savings... and I've seen toasting flutes for even more expensive than that!

I'm pretty pleased with my DIY skills on this project.  It certainly saved me a bundle!  So, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. They turned out great! What a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm doing this to the bottom of my shoes with "I Do". :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...