Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Save the Date Cards

I ordered the photos for the Save the Dates on Monday.  I went with PhotoWorks because I wanted them in the 3.5x5 size and they were the only company I could find that still offered that size!  Also, they are currently having a sale on 3.5x5 and 4x6 photos -- $0.10 a piece.  Plus, you get free shipping on your first order.  So, I spent $7.50 for 75 prints.  :)

I placed the order for the magnets today.  I went with Oriental Trading because they were the cheapest I found (by far!) and they had good reviews.  I will have to cut the sheets into the right sizes.  They're 8.5x11 sheets, so I can get 5 STD magnets per sheet.  It's a little extra work, but it's definitely worth it over ordering magnets pre-cut.  They're WAY more expensive.  I also ordered some double sided tape dispensers for the pocketfold invitations because they were really reasonable (and I will need them soon -- saved the additional shipping costs!). 

Since I'll be able to get started on the STD magnets soon, I thought I should figure out the cards for them to be attached to.  This is what I came up with:

[The front of the card.]

[The inside of the card.]

If you can't read the card, I've put a little poem along with the important information:

Our day is fast approaching,

And we can hardly wait.
So, put this magnet on your fridge,
And be sure to Save the Date!

September 24, 2011

Chickies Rock Park, Columbia, Pennsylvania

Please visit our website to find out more!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/Ketcham&Buch

~Formal invitation to follow~

I printed them on some ivory/beige cardstock that I have from the packs of cardstock for the invitation backers. That purchase definitely worked out great! I'm printing the cards 2 to a sheet. Again, I'll have some cutting to do, but it's cheaper than buying cards!

So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...