Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Monday, February 14, 2011

We have a baker!

That's one more vendor to cross off the list!  We have decided to go with The Flour Child in Columbia, Pennsylvania.  We had Philip's aunt and uncle do a taste test for us and they said her cake was delicious.  :)

I have been emailing back and forth with Alixe Ingoglia for a few weeks now and we are finally at the contract signing phase.  She is so easy to work with!  I sent her a few pictures of cakes that I kind of liked and we incorporated the ideas that I liked from each of them into our cake.  

Our cake is going to be square with 3 tiers: 

  • Bottom tier -- French Vanilla
  • Middle tier -- Dark Chocolate
  • Top tier (the anniversary cake) -- French Vanilla
It will be frosted with Vanilla Buttercream frosting.  The frosting will be white and there will be a navy blue ribbon around each layer.  Along the bottom of the ribbon will be white pearl frosting chains.  

So, it will sort of look like this:

http://bestweddingcakes1.blogspot.com/
Except, I don't plan to have flowers on our cake.  We will most likely use a monogram as our cake topper.  I'm still deciding between that and possibly a glass plaque with our names and the date engraved on it.  I really do not like the overdone bride and groom statues, so that is definitely out.  

Oh!  Also, The Flour Child will be doing a groom's cake for us.  It's a surprise for Philip.  I'm having it made for the rehearsal dinner.  Since Philip is such a Star Wars nerd, I thought he'd get a kick out of a 3-D R2D2 cake like these:

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/star-wars-cakes.html#c10
http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/coolest-r2d2-cake-34.html
I'm so excited to see his face when he sees his cake!  It's being made in French Vanilla with buttercream and fondant frosting (to get the right shape).  

Also, I wanted to mention that The Flour Child's prices are fantastic.  I think we're getting a great deal on the cakes.  It also really helps that Alixe has been wonderful to work with.  I am so looking forward to the cakes now!  Only 222 days to go (well, only 221 until we get to see R2D2!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...