Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Honeymoon Itinerary

Philip and I have been working diligently on planning our honeymoon.  We now have a tentative itinerary.  We are flying into Rome, but we will not be spending our entire honeymoon there (even though we could!  I love Rome!).  

Once we arrive in Rome, we will spend 2 days there (September 26-27).  The first day will be spent exploring on our own.  The second day will be spent touring the Colosseum and other hot spots in Ancient Rome.  

On day three , we are taking the train to Florence.  We will spend two days there (September 28-29) exploring and visiting museums.  We definitely plan to see the Uffizi and the Accademia to see David (before I saw it for the first time, I thought that it was overrated -- now I can't let Philip leave Italy without seeing it; it's amazing!).  

On day five, we are taking the train to Venice.  When I was there in 2008, I thought it was seriously overrated.  It was smelly and crowded.  However, Philip really wants to see the city.  And, I know I'll have much more fun with Philip than the class that I went with.  Besides, it will probably be better since I'll actually get to experience the "romance" of the city with Philip. We are going to spend 2 days (September 30-October 1) here exploring all that the city has to offer.  

On the 6th night, we are taking the night train to Naples.  We plan to spend a day (October 2) exploring Naples.  We want to see the castles and the coast and visit the world's oldest pizzeria, Antica Pizzeria Port'Alba.  The following day (October 3), we plan to visit Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius.  I've heard that it's overrated, but it's something we have to see while we're there.  

On the ninth day (October 4), we will return by train to Rome.  We will tour the Vatican and see anything else we have left to see in Rome.  We fly back to the states on the morning of October 5th.  

Phew!  It's going to be exhausting.  But, we are going to have a fantastic time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...