Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wedding Party

I realized as I was blogging about the DIY canvas totes that I haven't said much about our actual wedding party.  So, here goes!

Philip and I are having a small wedding party.  We each only have two attendants.  First up is Richard.  He is the best man.  He and Philip have been friends for years.  They went through the awkward high school years together (seriously.  I really mean awkward! I'm still trying to convince Philip to let me use some of those photos in our wedding photo album!).   Thankfully, he seems to have kept Philip out of trouble in his early years.  ;)  He's currently in the military and we are very proud of him.  :)

Roger is a groomsman.  Like Richard, Philip and Roger have been friends since high school. In fact, all three of them were friends.  Philip and Roger (and Roger's wife!) were housemates for a while as well.  Despite the 1,600 mile difference between them, they are still video game buddies.  ;)

Tonya is the maid of honor.  She is my only sister.  She's three years younger than I am.  She's been there for me through thick and thin despite the fact that we couldn't be more different!  I once wrote adoption papers for her in crayon when we were wee little.  She's still a bit sensitive about that.  But, she's still agreed to stand up with me on our big day!  I'm just hoping that she's not so gorgeous that she overshadows the bride.  ;)

Aileen is a bridesmaid.  We met in college.  We were in a lot of the same classes together.  We once tried to have a girls night but it didn't work out.  We didn't know what to do!  We ended up inviting the guys!  The fact that neither of us is very girly is just one of the many things that bonded us together.  She's also the reason for my second trip out of the country!  A group of friends and I visited her (and her now fiance) in South Korea.  It was an interesting trip!

Our flower girl is the daughter of Philip's aunt and uncle.  She's cute as a button.  She is sweet and beautiful and I was so excited when she agreed to the duty!  She is a little on the older end of the typical flower girl, but we knew that there was no one else we would want more for the position!  Thankfully, she was really excited that we asked and agreed to be our flower girl.  I am so looking forward to seeing the dress that she (and her mother!) choose for the big day!  I know that she will look absolutely lovely.  :)

We don't have a ring bearer (we don't actually have any male friends or relatives that age!).  I've actually been toying with the idea of having Jack, our oldest pup, be the ring bearer.  He's sure cute enough to be the ring bearer!  And I know that our flower girl would absolutely love getting to bring Jack down the aisle (obviously!  she can't help but hold him every time we visit!)!  

Can't you just picture the flower girl walking Jack down the aisle?  My heart melts thinking about it! 

Well, there you have it!  These wonderful people make up our wedding party.  And, there are no other people who could possibly fill those shoes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...