I've been trying to figure out what to do with the centerpieces. Well, I came across something on the Thoughts of the All Consumed Bride blog that I fell in love with:
I think it's perfect! Anyway, that blog directed me to the Shooting for a $3,000 Wedding blog which had more specific instructions. The directions still weren't completely clear, but I knew I could figure it out.
I already had some Dollar Tree frames laying around. So, I went to Michael's to find some vellum. I went with Recollections Translucent Specialty Paper. I also picked up a few other items for some other projects. ;)
Anyway, when I got home, I printed up two 4x6 black and white photos and a 4x6 table number (all on 1 sheet of paper -- that stuff isn't cheap!). Then I cut them out. I used the hot glue gun to attach the photos to the frames.
Then I had to figure out how to attach the frames. I was going to use L-brackets but I didn't have any laying around. So, I used duct tape. I'll probably pick up some L-brackets later to replace the duct tape, but for now, it worked.
It seems to be relatively stable. And it definitely looks nice as it is. I put a tealight (in a glass holder) in the center of the frames. And, here it is:
I tried to take pictures in the dark and in the light but the pictures do not do it justice. It looks fantastic. :) This will be a definite addition to our tables. And, the one that I did tonight only took about 20 minutes. That's including the time it took for brainstorming how to put the thing together and to find the duct tape! So, I think that when I'm prepared and get an assembly line going, these should a very quick project!