Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Dress: Update

With all of the attire updates I've done, I felt I should give a wedding dress update!
 
We found the dress on January 24th (long before all of these other attire decisions!).  It was a lot of trial and error but we knew that we had found the perfect one.  :)  The bridal shop told us that it would take 10 days to 16 weeks (or 112 days, or 4 months).  *Sigh*  
 
I was hoping to be closer to the 10 days than the 112 days.  I knew it was unlikely.  We're currently at 55 days in. 
 
Well, Friday, my mom sent me an email.  I got excited by the subject line (The Dress) and the first line (Greta's called me.).  If you don't remember, Greta's is the name of the dress shop where we bought my dress.
 
I, of course, immediately jump to the conclusion that my dress is finally in.  Then I read the rest of the email.  They were just calling to let my mom know that they had received the payment.  *Sigh again*
 
However, they did tell my mom that the dress is scheduled to arrive in early May.  That burst my bubble.  It's definitely a lot closer to the 112 day mark than I wanted to be, but at least we have an ETA now!  
 
Ahhh!  I just can't wait for the dress to arrive.  I want to see it and try it on and just touch it!  I can't wait to get any alterations done and see it in it's final glory.  It's going to be beautiful and perfect.  I just know it!  Most of all, I really cannot wait to see the look on Philip's face when I walk down the aisle.  And, we're getting ever closer to that day.  Only 188 days to go until the wedding (and since it's almost midnight here, I'm going to go ahead and say that it's actually 187 days to go)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...