Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bathroom Basket

I recently put together a very simple project: a bathroom basket.  I loved this project.  It took all of about 5 minutes.  :)  I picked up some items from the Dollar Tree (including the basket!) and put together a little emergency kit for our wedding guests.


There's quite a mish-mash of stuff in the basket but here's an idea:
  • Hair brush
  • Mouthwash
  • Flossers
  • Tums
  • Ibuprofen
  • Nail kit (fingernail clippers, tweezers, file, etc.)
  • Lint roller
  • Eye liner (hey, I don't leave the house without it!)
  • Lotion
  • First aid kit
  • Cough drops
  • Q-tips
  • Safety pins
  • Deodorant (a unisex kind -- I didn't want to leave anyone out!)
I think there are some other odds and ends in there, but you get the idea.  And, there will be a sign with the basket with the following poem:


Just in case you can't read that, it says:
We are happy you're here to share in our special day, but should something happen to go astray, please help yourself to the contents within: hair brush, bandaids, or even aspirin.  Use only what you need and leave the rest: it may also be useful to another guest.  So repair the damage that may have been done, then hurry on back and join the fun!

I am very pleased with how it turned out.  I may add a few more things to the basket as we get closer.  For now, I think it's dandy.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this site and bathroom baskets are the best!! Don't forget to throw in some tampons. Oh, and while the poem is cute I find it a little patronizing. I would only use the poem if you think your guest are clueless when it comes to this kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...