Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Official Shoe Decision

It is official.  I bought the shoes that I will wear on my wedding day.  If you remember, I wanted to wear navy blue shoes (match the wedding colors and be my "something blue").  I wanted something in a wedge since it is an outdoor wedding and wedges are less likely to get stuck in the grass/dirt.  Besides that, I'm less likely to fall on my face if I'm wearing wedges!  Hopefully I won't have to worry about that anyway, since I will have my mom on one side and my dad on the other as I walk down the aisle!

However, I couldn't find any wedges that I thought were cute.  Well, Philip and I stopped into Payless on Saturday.  I saw these shoes:

(Source)
I thought they were kind of ugly at first.  But, when I tried them on, I kinda liked them.  They're cute.  







So, I (obviously) bought them.  I think I might try to add some snazz to them.  I don't know what yet, but I'll figure that out.  Even if I leave them as they are, I'm still pretty pleased with them.  

The weird thing about these shoes is the sizing.  I am normally a size 7.5 (or an 8 if I can't fit my wide foot into a 7.5!), but the 7.5 was too big.  So, I tried the 7.  It was a little too loose, too.  So, I tried on the 6.5.  And, weirdly enough, it fit.  Sort of. 

My right foot is just a tiny bit bigger than my left foot.  The right shoe was a little snug around my toes.  However, I bought them anyway.  I think that if I wear them a time or two just around the house, I should be able to loosen them up around my toes a bit.  And then they'll be perfect.  

So, what do you think of my shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...