Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our anniversary :)

Our first date.
Today is the anniversary of our first date.  Two years ago today (May 15, 2009), Philip and I went out to our favorite Mexican restaurant in Charlotte, North Carolina and then went to a concert.  We went with another couple (friends of Philip).  We watched Julianne Hough, then Blake Shelton, and then George Strait.  We had our first kiss under the stars as George Strait serenaded us.  It's one of the most memorable nights of my life.  

Of course, we had a long history before our first date.  I met Philip in January of 2005.  My car broke down in the middle of nowhere.  I was with my then boyfriend, Joe.  Joe called friends of his to come rescue us.  Philip drove out to Podunk, North Carolina to pick us up.  I treated him to IHOP for coming all the way out to get us (if you know Philip, you'll know that free food is definitely a great way to win his friendship!).  

After that, we became friends.  Over the years, we hung out every now and then when he was in town.  Then we started hanging out every weekend.  He became my best friend.  In 2009, when I broke up with my boyfriend of almost 5 years, he was there for me.  He helped me through everything.  He was understanding and supportive.  

Then, he asked me out on a date.  At first, I was skeptical.  I really did like Philip, but I was worried about ruining our friendship.  But, I said yes.  And, I am so incredibly glad that I did.  Our friendship has only grown.  He's more than I ever thought to ask for in a man.  He's perfect (for me, at least!).  I love him more than I knew was possible.   He makes me happy.  And, though it took some time for us to realize it, we are soulmates.  So, happy anniversary to us.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...