Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Monday, May 23, 2011

A ring for Philip...

So, you all now know that I will not be wearing a wedding band (just sticking with my e-ring).  Philip, however, will be getting a wedding band.  I'm sure it will be quite a change for him.  He doesn't currently wear any jewelry.  In fact, I've never seen him wear any.  Ever.

So, I have lovingly harassed Philip to pick out a ring.  I want to make sure that I get him one that he will like and will want to wear.  After a bit of research on both of our parts, Philip has just about decided on a Tungsten Carbide ring.  

Philip works with his hands every day.  He is constantly coming home with cuts and scrapes on his hands (along with his arms, shins, and knees!).  So, we want to make sure that any ring that he gets will hold up and not be scratched beyond recognition after a week of work.  

Tungsten rings are scratch resistant.  Therefore, it's more likely to hold up under all of the wear and tear Philip puts it through.  

After Philip did some searching, he found this ring:

(Source)

He really likes it.  He wanted a "comfort fit" ring and he likes the simplicity of it.  I guess that's another thing we have in common.  We like things to be simple!  

Oh, and another plus of the tungsten carbide?  The price!  I told Philip that he didn't have to be cheap frugal, but he said this is the one he wants.  I think he wants to make sure that he's not going to destroy it (and if he does, he wants to make sure he didn't spend an arm and a leg on it!).  

One thing that I did come across in researching the rings: only buy cobalt free tungsten rings.  Also, make sure that they are tungsten carbide.  Apparently the carbide is what makes it scratch resistant.  

I'll definitely post again when we order the ring.  And let everyone know how well it holds up after the wedding.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...