Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Headpiece

I am planning on wearing a headband/tiara for the wedding.  I want something simple and elegant and cute.  I want it to have pearls (to go along with everything else pearl I'm doing).  

I plan to do a simple ivory veil as well, but I haven't found one that I like and/or want to pay for.  Veils are expensive!  I can't believe that people pay that much money for a piece of tulle!  So, lately, I've been surfing eBay to find a good deal on a veil.  Any ideas for me ladies?

Anyway, back to the headpiece.  This is what I have in mind:

(Source)
I found it on Amazon so I get free 2 day shipping.  And, it's only $20.57.  Score!  I think I'm going to buy it in the next few days to make sure it's what I want.  If not, I can always return it.  :)

In my search for a cute headband/tiara, I came across some really cute ideas and some absolutely horrendous ideas.  I just have to show you one of the latter (in my opinion).  




I've seen lots of cute feathery headpieces, but this is just too much.  That is a DEAD BIRD on your head.  WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT??  In fact, it's even called "a white dove taxidermy bridal hat with veil."  Any item that has the word "taxidermy" in it, probably isn't supposed to be used for a wedding.  Maybe it's just me.  I don't understand.  But, if that's your cup of tea, you can find it here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...