Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bride Brain

I've told you all about some of the dreams (nightmares!) I've had about the wedding during the planning process.  Well, they continue but they aren't happening that often now.  However, I now have a new problem: Bride Brain.

(Source)
For those of you who don't know, Bride Brain is the technical term to what happens to a woman's mind during the wedding planning process.  Basically, it turns to mush.  Ha!  

Seriously though, I find it hard to concentrate on things because of everything I've got going on.  I'll be doing invoicing for work and suddenly think, "When is the payment due for the cake?"  Or, I'll be grocery shopping and think, "Did I forget someone on the guest list?"  Or I will be talking to someone and suddenly think of a great song to play at the reception (and of course completely lose my train of thought!).  

It gets worse.  I think I'm more stressed that what I am letting myself realize (I honestly don't feel that stressed out).  I said that the wedding nightmares have lessened, but I am still having crazy dreams.  

I wasn't actually going to tell you all this because it is slightly embarrassing, but I just have to tell you because it's hilarious.  

I sleep in the nude.  I have for years.  I find it hard to sleep when I'm wearing clothes because I feel constricted.  I also get too hot.  This isn't true, however, when I'm staying at my parents' house.  That's because my dad typically comes down to my bedroom before work to tell me goodbye and that he loves me (sweet, I know).  Well, I don't really want my dad to come downstairs and accidentally see me naked!  So, I always wear clothes to bed when I'm at my parents.

Well, lately, I've been waking up in the middle of the night.  For some reason, I think that I'm at my parents' house.  Then I have a mini panic attack because I'm worried my dad is going to come into my room and see me naked.  So, I get out of bed, go to my closet and get some clothes to wear.  Then I go back to bed.

When my alarm goes off in the morning, for a few seconds, I wonder why I am wearing clothes.  Then I remember that it must not have been a dream!  It's really strange.  One day I woke up wearing the clothes that I had laid out the night before for work.  Then I had to pick something else to wear that day because the shirt was too wrinkly!  

It's kind of embarrassing because I don't know why it's happening.  But, it's happened about 4 times now in the past two weeks.  My dad even called me last week to harass me about it (thanks for telling him, Mom!  :P)!  

But, I hope that you've at least gotten a chuckle out of my stressed out Bride Brain.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...