Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Address Stamp

I wanted an address stamp to use for our invitation envelopes and the R.S.V.P. envelopes.  I was really taken with stamps like these: 

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

They're adorable, but I wasn't interested in spending a ton of money on them (they're roughly $30 a pop).  Plus, I wanted to be able to use the same stamp for the return address on the invitations and the address for the R.S.V.P.s.  

So, I designed my own:



I used the flourishes from our wedding monogram/logo and used Bell MT font for the address.  Obviously, that isn't our real address, but you get the idea!


I ordered the stamp from www.rubberstamps.net.  I bought the 2"x2" wood mounted stamp.  I simply uploaded the image I created in Microsoft Publisher.  The stamp was $11.95 plus $3.95 shipping and handling.  Not too shabby!  

I can't wait to see it in person!  I am ordering some clear embossing ink and some gold embossing powder to use for the invitation outer envelopes (which I still have to order, but will hopefully be in navy blue).  I will also be buying navy blue ink to use on the ivory R.S.V.P. envelopes.  

I'll take some pictures when the stamp arrives.  It takes 7 to 10 days, so it will probably be one of the last things I do for the invitations. 

So, what do you think of our personalized address stamp?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...