Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Friday, July 15, 2011

I have a secret...

Well, it won't be a secret much longer.  For the past several weeks I've been thinking about our popcorn favors.  I still really like the idea of the glass bottle soda bar, but I just cannot fall in love with these popcorn favors.  In fact, lately, I've hated them more and more every day.  For a refresher, here is what they look like:



I still think the idea is cute (and the movie theme meshes with our hobbies), but I just can't see them out our wedding reception.  They just don't fit.  I want something more vintage or rustic.  Something that fits with the theme I'm hoping for.  

Ready for the secret?  I dumped the popcorn favors this week... but not before finding something to replace them with...  Here is a hint:



Still not sure what it is?  How about this?


If you are still confused, let me clear things up for you.  A long time ago, I fell in love with these beauties:

(Source)
(Source)
I decided that they will fit the look I'm going for better than the popcorn.  A little more vintage/rustic chic.  :)  So, I bought the vanilla beans and the glass bottles with the corks.  The vanilla beans arrived today (I bought 1 pound on eBay from seller VanillaProducts for $13.98 plus $5.00 expedited shipping and I got a free 10 pack of beans with the order) and the bottles should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.  Which means, I will be making homemade vanilla early next week!  :)

Oh, and for a sneak peak, this is what the bottles look like:

(Source)
I got them for 49¢ a piece at Save On Crafts.  I am only going to do one bottle per couple so that I don't have to make quite so many of them.  Then there will be another special favor surprise later.  :)  I am so happy that I eventually came to this decision!  And, I'm so excited to make the vanilla!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...