Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chalkboard Inspiration

When I first started looking for wedding inspiration, I came across a bunch of really, really cute chalkboard ideas. 

(Source)

(Source)
(Source)

I really love them.  However, I didn't want to have to deal with the mess.  I really don't like the feel of chalk and I knew it would end up all over.  Besides that, I have atrocious handwriting.  I didn't even want to think about how much time it would take me to write out all of our guests' names for a seating chart.  Especially since I knew I would hate it in the end and have to start all over again (I really do not like my handwriting).  I wanted it to be beautiful; not half-ass.  

So, I put that idea out of my mind.  Then, a few weeks ago, I was catching up on some blog stalking on WeddingBee and came across a post from Miss Bunting.  She works for a printing company, so she designed a chalkboard background and is doing her seating chart on a poster.   No mess and I can pick a font that I like!  GENIUS!!  I can't believe I didn't think of it before!  I'm quite the amateur graphic designer!  ;)

Anyway, Miss Bunting even uploaded her chalkboard background file.  So, it's that much easier!  I just love it!  Here is what hers looked like (before she had entered all of the information):



SPECTACULAR!  I love it.  I already downloaded her helpful file and started inputting information (the people that I know will be there).  I downloaded the Eraser Dust font that she suggested from Dafont.  I looked around for different chalk fonts, but I liked that one the best.  

I will also be using faux chalkboard signs for the bar signs and the buffet signs.  I can't wait to see how it all looks!  I think everything will come together nicely in the vintage chic look that I'm going for.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...