Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Favor Idea

I have been trying to figure out what to do for favors for quite some time now.  I've tossed around a bunch of different ideas (examples here).  I just couldn't decide on anything.  I liked a few different ideas but I still couldn't settle on one of them.

A few weeks ago, I sat down and thought about what sorts of things really screamed us.  I thought about the things that we like to do.  Our friends and family know that we are huge movie buffs.  We have an enormous movie collection and we go to the theater pretty often.  

So, I tried to think of favors that would fit that idea.  Who doesn't get popcorn and soda (and maybe a little candy) while at the theater?  And, so I ran with that idea.

Of course, I couldn't do a fountain drink like at the theater, but I really liked the idea of the glass bottle soda bar:

(Source)

(Source)
SO CUTE!  I love it.  And then I tried to incorporate the popcorn and candy.  At first I thought of burlap bags filled with popcorn kernels.  But, that seems like a lot of work... ;)  So, I moved on to the easy microwave popcorn packages.  But, I didn't want it to look like just a pack of microwave popcorn. 

And I wanted to put the candy with it.  I did some Google searches and found that Twizzlers were the most common kind of candy bought at the theater.  Then I came up with a plan.


I first went with the kraft paper and twine, but it was just too bland.  
 

Then I added some navy curling ribbon instead.  I like it.  It looks better in person than in the photo.  I hate that the photos never do anything justice!  So, I'm thinking about putting these on the plates with the table settings and then having a soda bar of orange soda (our soda of choice).  I think it'd be cute.  

Anyway, I think it fits us.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...