Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Programs

I've toyed with a bunch of different ideas for programs.  I was originally going to go with the simple tri-fold program.  

(Source)

It would be really simple.  I could design and print them myself.  No cutting or hassles.  But, I thought it just looked too plain.   

I saw the fans/paddles and liked them.

(Source)

But, I just didn't think they fit the idea I was going for.  

Then I found the layered look.  I really liked it.  It kind of went with the them from our pocketfolds (layers of information).  

(Source)
I really like the way they look.  They're cute and elegant.  However, when I did a mock-up of them, I realized just what a pain in the rear they were going to be.  I've got enough on my plate right now.  I don't want to add a complicated program to that list.  

So, I've been going back and forth and trying to figure out what I should do.  I started doing image searches of trifold programs.  First, I came across this one:

(Source)

I thought it looked really cute (plus, it's in navy!).  I liked the idea, and the layers.  I still wasn't completely sold, though.  So, I kept looking.

Then, I came across this:

(Source)

Of course, this isn't actually a program; it's an invitation suite.  But, it came up during my search for "trifold wedding programs."  I almost skipped right over it.  But, then I thought, why not use envelopes for the programs?  I really fell for the idea.  I could do a relatively plain trifold program, but then put it in a snazzy envelope with maybe some ribbon around it (like the photo above with the ribbon and layers).  

I have found some places online with navy #10 envelopes for fairly cheap.  Ribbon is relatively inexpensive as well.  And, I know that I can just order brochures from Vistaprint for the programs.  I can just wait for a good freebie sale (right now they have 25 brochures free, but I'd like to wait a bit to see if I can get a better deal... I know sometimes they have 50 or more free!).  Then I can just pay for shipping.  

So, there you have it.  I can cross one more thing off of my to-do list for the month (decide on a program design).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...