Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

For Your Tears of Joy :)

After an absolutely wonderful weekend in Indiana, I am back in Colorado.  It was quite an adventure getting back here (you can read about it on my other blog if you care), but I made it.  

We had an incredibly productive weekend.  Saturday, Mom, my sister (and MOH), and I worked on a few projects.  First up, the Tears of Joy:





Once we figured out a design that we liked, it was really pretty easy.  My mom and I stuffed each of the glassine envelopes (bought from eBay) with 2 tissues.  I bought the tissues from Dollar Tree.  I probably could have just bought a box of tissues and folded the tissues to the right size, but it was easier to buy the pocket size packs that already had the tissues folded to the right size.  My only complaint about those tissues is that there weren't always exactly 10 tissues in each pack.  It was strange, but not a huge deal.  

After that, we put the labels on the pieces of card stock that I'd cut out earlier.  When Tonya arrived, we put her to work with the hot glue gun (the most interesting task!).  She hot glued the ribbons to the right length.  Then Mom wrapped the ribbons around the envelopes.  And, then I put the labels on the ribbons/envelopes using some double sided tape.  

And, that's about it!  They were super simple.  And cute!  I think we were all pretty pleased with how they turned out.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful. What size glassine envelope did you use? My email is patricej_henderson@yahoo.com. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...