Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

To Do List Update

If only, right? (Source)
I've been working on a bunch of the items on my list.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to complete many more in the past week. 
I got all of the invitation stuff printed.  I need to cut it all out and then start putting it together in the pocketfolds.  I don't have the R.S.V.P. cards printed yet because I'm doing each one individually and I have to figure out some spouses' names and children's names to put on the cards.  I should be able to finish all that next week when I get back from Indiana.

Speaking of Indiana, I should be able to cross a few things off of my list this weekend while I'm there.  We will be doing the "Tears of Joy" and the luminary frame table numbers.  I ordered the glassine envelopes a few days ago.  They already arrived but I have to pick them up from the post office (darn box wouldn't fit in the mailbox).  I have the photos printed on vellum paper and cut out for the table numbers.  I'll also be getting my dress fitted!  

I think I have a good idea for the centerpieces, but I have to do a mock-up first to be sure.  I'll let you know when I have decided!

I've tried working on the guest book a few times, but I haven't had any luck.  I gave up on Monday night because I managed to slice open my finger on a piece of glass.  This project shouldn't be so complicated.  I think I may be abandoning my logo idea and looking for something else to do with it.  

I think I have a new idea for the favors.  I am not going to say what it is just yet.  I'm really excited for it though!  I will hopefully be able to put together a mock-up of it in the next week and then I'll let you know if it's as wonderful as I think it will be.  :)

As far as the things on the list requiring money, those have been put on hold temporarily.  Philip and I each had to have our cars worked on the past 2 weeks.  Altogether, it's been over $500 worth of unexpected expenses.  So, wedding party gifts, wedding band, ties, and our wedding night hotel have to wait a bit longer.  

Speaking of the wedding band, something has changed.  While we were shopping, Philip got his finger sized and tried on a few bands to see what he liked.  He's still sure about the plain band, but he now wants something thinner than the 8mm.  So, I'm either going to go with a 4mm or a 5mm (he tried on a 5mm in the store and thought it maybe could be a little thinner).  I will probably be ordering this one or this one.  

I think that's all I've got to update for now.  I'll keep you all posted as things get finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...