Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The hair decision...

The last time I posted about my hair, I told you that I was growing it out.  Well, that's changed.  While my hair does grow fast, it wasn't growing fast enough for me to be able to do anything with it for the wedding.  Since I was going to have to get my hair cut before the wedding anyway, I decided to chop it all of this past weekend.  There's no sense in fighting with my hair when it's going to be for nothing anyway.

Honestly, I was surviving.  I was doing a trim on my bangs every weekend (they grow fast!) to help me tolerate the growth.  On Friday, when I was brushing my hair, one hair came out in my brush.  It looked really long.  So, of course, I had to measure it (yes, I am crazy).  It was over 6 inches long!  And my hair was nowhere near where it needed to be.  

Saturday, the lady cutting my hair asked me what I wanted done to my hair.  I told her to just start cutting.  I told you -- I'm crazy!  ;)  She razor cut the whole thing.  I'm back to a pixie cut.  She did a really good job with it.  It's super easy and it looks cute.  The last time I had a pixie cut, it was too sharp.  She did a good job fading it.  

I'm not sticking with the pixie for the wedding though.  I will be going with the ever faithful "duck butt."  

(Source)

I need a little bit more hair in the back for the comb of my veil (whenever I find one that I like for a reasonable price -- or whenever I finally give in and make my own.  Yikes!).  The duck butt will cover the comb and keep the veil steady.  Plus, I like the way it looks on me.  

I'm hoping to have some time on Sunday after the wedding to get my hair cut (I like the duck butt, but the pixie is so much easier -- I want simplicity for the honeymoon!).  And then I will probably make another attempt to grow out my hair.  Maybe.  We'll see.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...