Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Drumroll Please! ...The Centerpiece Mock-ups!

I've come up with no less than one hundred and thirty four different ideas for centerpieces.  It's really hard to narrow down the ideas in my head when there are so many absolutely amazing ideas out there!

However, I think I've done it.  So, without further ado, here is my idea:



So, a white/ivory tablecloth (without the leaf designs -- I don't have any plain ivory tablecloths!) with the luminary table number in the middle.  Then, one of these:



on either side of the table number.  Then, there will be a stack of books (preferably vintage).  On top of the books is a washed out tomato soup can (I am so classy!) with thick ivory ribbon tied around it.  In the can are beautiful Baby's Breath.  :)



My original plan wasn't to use the empty tomato soup cans.  I was looking for some kind of galvanized pail.  I didn't find anything that I liked though and decided to wing it.  I actually like the empty tomato soup cans!  

I really love the books.  For those of you who don't know me personally, I am an avid reader.  Before the wedding planning took over my life, most of my free time was spent with my nose in a book.  It's also very fitting because Philip's last name is Buch -- German for book!  :)

Anyway, that's what I've got for now.  What do you think?  Any changes I should make? 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, very classy and elegant with the touch of old style charm in there too Tara. The books really add to the centerpieces, but, like you, anything to do with books used in any type of arrangement, I like.

    At last check, so you wouldn't have to bring them (or many) with you - Nanny has 2 bookcases full of older hardcover books. They do have jacket covers, so those may need removed. I'm not sure of the titles, but you could ask her to double check, I'm sure she would happily give them to you & Philip to use.

    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...