Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Dye Disaster: Part II

As you might remember from The Dye Disaster (Part I), the petals ended up being a lavender color instead of navy.  I assumed that this was because the washing machine diluted the dye too much.

I decided to try again using the stovetop method.  Basically, you dye the fabric in a pot on the stovetop.  It's much stronger because there is less water.  Or I thought...

Putting the petals in the dye bath.

15 minutes in...

30 minutes in...

After 50 minutes.
Yep.  Still purple.  A darker purple, but still purple.  Gah!  I swear I bought navy dye!  It's just not wanting to dye these darn petals blue.  I don't know what to do.  I think I'm just giving up on the dying of the petals.  It's obviously just not meant to be.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...