Questions? Comments? Send me an email at TaraGettingMarried@gmail.com.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cocktail Hour Playlist

As I said before, Philip and I are rockin' an iPod wedding.  I've been working on a few playlists over the past few nights.  I'm really excited for our cocktail hour playlist.  I tried to pull from multiple generations while still choosing music that Philip and I like.  I also wanted the music to be upbeat, but not too fast.  I'm not even sure if that makes sense!  Anyway, here's what I came up with:

Elvis - Burning Love

Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried

Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville

The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup

Coldplay - Green Eyes

Barry White - My First, My Last, My Everything

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl

Tom Petty - Learning to Fly

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Gary Allan - Right Where I Need To Be

Live - Hold Me Up

Brad Paisley - She's Everything

The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car)

Zac Brown Band - Whatever It Is

Gary Allan - Best I Ever Had

George Strait - I Cross My Heart

MC Chris - Fett's Vette

Some of these have meaning for us.  George Strait was our first date.  Whatever It Is is the song that Philip dedicated to me on a rough day early on in our relationship (he tells me that it reminds him of me).  Others are just fun (Build Me Up Buttercup, Burning Love).  The last one is my little addition for Philip.  He's a Star Wars nerd and I think he'll get a kick out of it.  ;)  I may have to find a censored version so that I don't offend anyone though!  

Well, what do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...